Self care - 2

 If you haven't checked the previous step, please do so as I think the only way to manage this condition is by inflicting the killer blow by thousand cuts. 


  • If you are able to do it, end your day with a happy baby pose before sleeping. If it's effective, start the day with it as well. 

           Our nerves are over active due to pain all the time. This helps calm it down. I think it's called happy baby cause babies use it to calm themselves down and you always see a happy baby in that pose. 

           For me, it was effective for few days but after some time its effectiveness went down. I do go back to it on very stressful days and it still helps but I don't do it daily anymore. I suspect you might follow the same path. But it's a very useful tool to have in your armory.


  • If you are able to do it, at least once a day lie down on a bed or couch with head hanging down. But please make sure that your side is fully supported. Something like this:

  • Please remember to hydrate yourself well throughout the day but with a catch. 
If needed keep a multiple reminders. If you are in a desk job it also helps that you would be taking bathroom breaks resulting in timely walking breaks.   
The important catch is to try not to drink water couple of hours before you sleep. There is a good chance your sleep is not great with the pain and the bathroom break it forces us to take in the middle of the night really doesn't help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self care - 1

How are you doing today?

Hypermobility and pain