Baby steps first
When I was trying to make sense of the diagnosis, I started to see how I was up screwing things up more in the last decade.
Pushing myself in the gym, pushing myself to play sports without understanding the after effects, taking yoga classes and trying to persist with it ( and there was my work life which needed me to be on laptop all the time). When you are in pain without doing anything, these are like hammer on your body. There were brief moments when I felt I was getting better but it was always followed by things getting worse every single time.
In the last couple of years I decided, I am going to try rehabilitating myself but it will be on my terms and my understanding of my own body. I decided I will explore different ways to tackle ( use internet, physiotherapy, my own versions of exercises, food habits, lifestyle , massages, braces etc). I keep repeating to myself that things will go wrong, and wrong it did, but I tried to tell myself again and again that the idea is I will start to recognize what is causing things to go wrong when you are doing it in a somewhat controlled way.
I know this sounds like complete chaos and to be honest it was. Actually it still is but I feel I am making some sense out of this chaos. I want to share some of the things which worked for me and I want to start off with series of easy ones first. Even if a particular step doesn't help, I am hoping it will carve a path to your own findings and habits.
Comments
Post a Comment